NOYES OLS2-DUAL Optical Source
The OLS2-Dual laser source is a cost-effective, rugged, handheld instrument designed for performing insertion loss measurements on single-mode fiber optic links when used with an optical power meter. When paired with an optical fiber identifier, the OLS2-Dual may be
used for fiber identification. The LASER output is stabilized to ensure accurate test results per current TIA/EIA requirements.
The OLS2-Dual features 1310 nm and 1550 nm (or 1550 nm and 1625 nm) LASER output from a single output port and is easy to operate. This light source offers 4 modes of operation: Dual wavelengths sending ID, single wavelength sending ID, CW, and modulated Tone. [Active Output], [Tone], [Battery], and [External Power] indicators identify the currently enabled operating mode, battery charge status, and external power presence.
The OLS2-Dual output port is equipped with a UCI based removable adapter to allow the output connector to be inspected and cleaned.
In addition to being powered by two AA alkaline batteries, the OLS2-Dual can be powered by optional AC adapter and/or rechargeable NiMH battery pack. The OLS2-Dual is fully N.I.S.T. traceable.
• Rugged, handheld, lightweight
• Dual wavelengths from a single port
• Certify single-mode links per TIA/EIA standards
• Dual Wave ID, single Wave ID, CW, and modulated Tone
• 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, and 2 kHz supported Tone (2 kHz default)
• AA alkaline, optional rechargeable NiMH battery pack or AC adapter
• Long battery life
• Low battery indicator
• Adjustable output
• Cost-effective, easy to use
• N.I.S.T. Traceable
• The OLS2-Dual may be substituted for terminal equipment in the central office or head end to provide a stable output for loss measurements.
• For single-mode applications, such as Telecom or CATV, the OLS2-Dual may be coupled with an optical power meter as a test kit to perform optical loss tests at 1310 and 1550 nm.
• In the modulation Tone mode, the OLS2-Dual generates a Tone signal into the fiber. This signal is detected by the OFI-200, optical fiber identifier, to isolate specific fibers in a bundle prior to splicing or rerouting.
Optical OLS2-Dual (single port)
Output wavelength (nm) 1310 ±20
Output power 0 dBm*
Laser classification Class 1 (FDA 21 CFR 1040.1
and 1040.11, and IEC 60825-1)
Output connector ST
Spectral width (FWHM) 5 nm (max)
Stability ± 0.05 dB over 1 hour (after 15 min. warm-up)
± 0.1 dB over 8 hours (after 15 min. warm-up)
Power 2 x AA batteries, optional NiMH or AC adapter
Battery life (2 x AA) Typical 120 hours, Minimum 75 hours
Operating temperature -10 to 50°C, 90% RH (non-condensing)
Storage temperature -30 to 60°C, 90% RH (non-condensing)
Size (H x W x D) 5.5 x 3.2 x 1.5 in (14.0 x 8.1 x 3.8 cm)
Weight 0.65 lb (.29 kg)